Orange Heating Supplies
Orange Heating Supplies are an independent heating products merchant, with over 30 years’ experience in the plumbing and heating industry
The video below is a case study by Orange Heating Supplies, a DEAR Systems Health Check client.
Problems they were facing:
- Inadequate training
- Incorrect Chart of Account codes
- Default account codes for customers, suppliers and products incorrectly integrating with Xero
- Incorrect default mappings
- Incorrectly processing stock
As their business was growing, they found they had problems with stock control and knowing what they had in stock would have to be physically checked in the warehouse.
With a need to become more efficient, they took out a trial of DEAR Systems and later paid an unapproved DEAR Systems implementor to help implement.
However, the implementation was not successful and problems arose. Helen Slade from Orange Heating supplies explains in the testimonial video that:
“The people that helped us implement it did not give us the support or training that was required, they did not look at the system and say, actually, you’re doing this wrong. They said, yes you need to do the testing phase for a long time, but it’s like saying you need to start speaking French without having a clue.”
Becoming increasingly more frustrated with an inventory system that wasn’t working, they looked online and “found out that you (BlueHub) were the experts in the country, and we took it from there.”
- Consultancy to find the issues
- Implementation of the new system
- Old data exported, contacts, product data, etc
- Bluehub Implementation Team manipulated the data in Excel
- Data correctly re-imported into the new DEAR System
- Orange Heating Supplies team received thorough system training by BlueHub
A lot of the work for this project was tidying up data in order to move from the old system to the new. BlueHub and Orange Heating Supplies worked closely together to review this in order to correctly import without errors.
Before going live with their new system, BlueHub ran pre-go live checks and helped with their stock take to again ensure correct data was imported into the system.