It’s easy to see why manufacturers and wholesalers might be jealous of the simpler industries.
With intricate logistic networks and an enormous range and depth of items and stock to manage, things can get messy if you’re not in control.
But luckily, this complexity means they have the most to gain from the powerful tools that are helping them to automate their businesses.
Exact is a perfect example of software that does just that. Their flexible cloud software package is laser-focused on manufacturers and wholesalers and covers every base: from CRM and project management to distribution and financial analysis.
So if you’re in the manufacturing or wholesale industries, pay attention: here’s how using Exact could start making your life easier today.
Take better control of your stock, parts, and orders
No matter how big or small your business is, keeping a tight rein on your inventory pays off.
With a software package like Exact, you can get full visibility and control across every project and every department. That means you can:
• See what’s coming in and going out in real-time
• Keep accurate, updated stock values across multiple warehouses and locations
• Use automated reorder points to keep your inventory topped up
• Trace your items from end to end – including keeping on top of any expiry dates.
The best part? With all your prices and stock in one piece of software, you can calculate quotes with a single press of a button – the materials and delivery date are connected automatically.
Keep your customers and your sales reps happy
Staying on top of your contacts used to be complicated. And things only got worse when you had to transfer prospects’ accounts between departments and teams.
But with an integrated CRM system – like the one that’s included for free with an Exact subscription – generating leads and developing relationships becomes simple. You’ll be able to:
• Keep all your customers’ updated details and conversations in one place – so every team and department are always working with the same information
• See a direct link with your customers’ social media activity, so you can keep up with any compliments or complaints
• Focus your marketing campaigns based on earlier sales using integrated tools like Mailchimp
• Keep your salespeople involved wherever they are, updating essential sales data with the Exact mobile app.
It’s not just about making things easier and more accurate for your sales and marketing teams.
With better access to accurate data, you’ll be able to give every customer a high level of service they expect – which means better reviews and more repeat business.
Get more out of your accountant with online collaboration
If you’ve ever felt like a physical meeting was an unnecessary step – or even that a phone call was a clunky way of working through your data and analysis – you could be saving time and money by giving your accountant a direct link to your accounts.
With Exact, you and your accountant can work together on the same data in real-time, as little or as much as you need. They’ll be able to give you better advice that’s focused and tailored for your business without a personal visit – you won’t have to move, and neither will they.
React faster by putting smart insights to use
From organising your projects to managing your financials, Exact can give your business powerful tools and reports to help you make better decisions faster. With cloud-based financial management, you’ll be able to:
• See all your financial management indicators together in one place: interactive budgets and cash flows, as well as control and audit information
• Get relevant reports across the full scale of your business – from the macro level down to individual transactions
• Receive built-in alerts to help you respond to issues like unpaid invoices or create your own custom alerts and signals for your key processes and stages.
• Make strategic decisions based on six real-time dashboards: sales, costs, results, liquidity risk and management.
Moving to a new, integrated software can seem daunting at first – but you’ll soon see changes that show how it pays for itself.
If you’re worried about how to get started, or you want to talk about whether Exact could be a good fit for your business, get in touch today and we’ll talk you through everything you need to know.