If you’re yet to make the leap into e-commerce – or you’re not sure that you’re making the most of the tools available – there’s never been a better time to change the way you do business.
What’s the best web platform for an e-commerce business?
Although there’s no one-size-fits-all e-commerce platform, there are options to suit most budgets and customisation preferences.
The best place to start is with an understanding of how the most widely used e-commerce platforms work – what they do best, and where they might not be a good fit for your business.
• Full, front-end user interface and user experience controls
• A robust, back-end content management system
• Off-the-shelf inventory and order processing systems
• A global ecosystem of 150,000 developers
• Unlimited-bandwidth hosting, including daily backups and 24/7 monitoring
• Built-in inventory management, with unlimited products and product types
• Over 100 professional themes and templates that can be customised to fit your brand
• 70 different payment gateways, including bitcoin, PayPal and iDEAL.
• 5 pre-installed payment gateways (including PayPal)
• An intelligent shopping cart
• The capacity to handle thousands of products
• Built-in analytics and reporting
What’s the best software for managing inventory and all your orders?
Before you dive into choosing the right software to help, you’ll need an understanding of some of the most important features and benefits to look out for.
The best inventory management apps should have:
• Efficient order management
• Multiple-site e-commerce integrations
• Marketplace integrations
• Logistics and shipping links
• A B2B wholesale order websites
• Automated purchasing options
• Detailed reports and analysis
With those key features in mind, let’s look at some of the top inventory apps that can help you to take control of your e-commerce business.
With a particular focus on businesses in manufacturing and distribution, Unleashed comes with a range of useful tools to help you accurately manage your production costs and your suppliers – as well as a mobile app for iOS
Designed with multi-channel sales in mind, Orderhive uses a simple interface to bring all your inventory, orders and shipping data together in one place
Unlike Orderhive, Tradegecko doesn’t include tools for managing your shipping – instead of focusing on ordering, inventory management and its customisable B2B portal
Targeted at small or growing businesses, Dear is designed as an all-inclusive piece of software that includes support for manufacturing, B2B and point of sale (POS), as well as the usual integration with accounting and inventory management
As well as being a fully integrated all-in-one solution, Cin7 also features support for EDI, POS and 3PL.